The NUTRICIA RESEARCH FOUNDATION is a strictly independent Charity established in 1989 by N.V. Verenigde Bedrijven Nutricia. The Board has full and exclusive ownership of its Capital and has the legal mandate to operate according to the articles of association and to take any deemed decision useful to fulfil its mission. The Charity and its articles of association are registered at the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK The Hague registration number: 41155715); the RSIN/fiscal number is: 804248047.
The Objectives & Policy of the Foundation is provided in the attached document. The basic activity of the Foundation is to financially support scientific research projects in the field of Nutrition and Health by providing Research Grants to qualified young researchers for 1 or 2 years. The Foundation also recognises the importance of giving young scientists the possibility to attend research trainings and/or perform short research projects at renowned scientific institutes. For this purpose International Training Fellowship grants are being provided. The Foundation supports several endowed chairs at universities in the Netherlands and abroad in the areas within or connecting to human nutrition. A special focus of the Foundation is directed towards nutritional research and capacity building in English-speaking Africa. The most recent Financial Summary and Annual Meeting Report can be found as attachments. The annual standard reporting form for an ANBI-organisation to be published on behalf of Dutch tax authorities is also attached. The Foundation consists of two bodies, supported by the Administrative and the Scientific Secretariat.
The Board manages the capital of the Foundation and assumes overall responsibility for meeting all the regulations laid down in the articles of the Charity. The Board convenes at least once a year to discus and decide about the various funding applications for the next year. The composition of the Board is currently:
- E.J.M. Feskens, Utrecht, The Netherlands (Chairperson)
– affilitated to Wageningen University
- J.G. Bindels, Nieuwveen, The Netherlands (General Secretary)
– retired from Danone-Nutricia
- F. Pepping, Wageningen, The Netherlands (Financial Officer/Treasurer)
– retired from Wageningen University
- P.J.J. Sauer, Groningen, The Netherlands
– retired from Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
The Scientific Advisory Committee advises the Board in selecting the various applications for Research Grants and International Training Fellowships. The Scientific Advisory Committee convenes once a year for a full-day project review meeting. Its current composition is:
- I. Brouwer, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- V. Carnielli, Ancona, Italy
- P. Dechalotte, Rouen, France
- T.I. Halldorsson, Reykjavik, Iceland
- F. Kuipers, Groningen, The Netherlands (chairman)
- G. Veereman-Wauters, Brussels, Belgium
The remuneration of the members of the Board and the Scientific Advisory Committee is specified in the Remuneration document.